Acute Care CPNP Exam Blackout Updates & Resources
PNCB is launching new CPNP-AC exam forms and therefore has implemented a testing blackout period which began Wednesday, February 13. Please contact PNCB at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- The testing window for the new exam is April 15 to May 5.
- Press Release: PNCB Announces CPNP-AC Exam Action
- Eligibility notification to schedule: Candidates with completed applications will be emailed updated next steps eligibility notification as it becomes available.
- Deadline to apply: To test between April 15 and May 5, your completed application, including transcript, must be received by Friday, April 12 to be processed.
- Transcript not final by April 12? The 30-day transcript exception policies are still in effect. If you do not meet the criteria for non-final transcript/hold scores, we cannot release an eligibility notice to you. You will need to test during the next available testing window in late summer/early fall, to be determined.
- Pass/fail status notification:
- If you have already tested and are awaiting your official results email notification: The print-out you received at the testing center with your preliminary results is unofficial. Information about the release of results will be made available as soon as possible after PNCB’s score validation process.
- For candidates testing in the new window: For the April 15 to May 5 testing window, PNCB will start the score validation process after the testing window closes on May 5.
- Keep your prospective employers informed.
For questions not addressed below, please contact email@example.com.
A: Completed applications must be received by Friday, April 12 to test during the new window. This means an official final transcript has been received by PNCB from the school, and the student’s application on the PNCB website has been submitted and paid.
A: “Transcript not final” exceptions are still bound by the official Board policy. If the final degree or certificate will be conferred within 30 days of graduation, then the student is not eligible for the “transcript not final” exception. See transcript not final policy infographic.
A: Each application will be reviewed for eligibility as quickly as possible. There will not be an expedited option.
A: No, however, testing seat availability at individual centers is managed by Prometric. They are reviewing geographic distribution and demand to support you as much as possible.
A: For the April 15 - May 5 window, no. PNCB will release official results by email after score validation processes are complete.
A: No. PNCB will start the score validation process after the testing window closes on May 5. The exams will be reviewed in aggregate. Official results will be emailed as soon as possible.
A: Yes. PNCB will give at least 6 months’ notice for a change in content outlines. A date for a new AC exam content outline has not been set.
A: We anticipate that 90-day eligibility windows will resume in late summer or early fall.