New Pharmacology and Primary Care Pediatric Updates Modules
Two new Pediatric Updates CE modules are now available, each worth 7.5 contact hours.
Lung, nose, skin, and more! Effectively treating asthma, allergies, and immunodeficiency disorders for kids is nothing to sneeze at. Scratch below the surface of commonly seen conditions with these included topics:
- Updated asthma guidelines by the National Institute of Health (NIH) and the Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA) to evaluate new and emerging treatment therapies.
- Appropriate use and adverse effects of biologic and standard therapies for treatment of immunodeficiency disorders.
- Recommendations and emerging evidence for treatment of children with chronic pulmonary diseases such as bronchopulmonary dysplasia and cystic fibrosis.
- Recommended management strategies of autoimmune system disorders such as juvenile idiopathic arthritis, psoriasis, and multiple sclerosis.
- Pharmacologic treatments for allergic rhinitis, peanut allergies, and urticaria.
More kids than ever are in crisis and waiting for access to behavioral/mental health care. And they’re probably in your waiting room. You are in the right place to help. Give them their best shot at a healthier today—and tomorrow—with this targeted in-depth module. Filled with evidence-based information, it will increase your knowledge and position you as a change agent for emotional well-being.
Use this module to:
- Link mental health competencies to primary care practice to identify and treat common childhood behavioral disorders.
- Explore addiction disorders including substance use, marijuana, alcohol, nicotine, and those related to excessive use of technology and problem behaviors.
- Apply behavioral theories and treatments to childhood sleep disorders and obesity.
- Recognize concerns and implement strategies to meet the behavioral needs of children with tic and attachment disorders.
- Support military families and their children with behavioral health concerns.