PNCB Research & Publications
As part of our commitment to keeping you informed, PNCB has published or collaborated on the following announcements and publications.
Position Statements / White Papers:
- The Value of PNCB Certification (2021)
- Safeguarding the Future of Pediatric Care: Challenges and Opportunities for Educating and Expanding the Pediatric Nursing Workforce (2021, Institute of Pediatric Nursing)
- Securing the Future of Children’s Health (2009, Institute of Pediatric Nursing)
Statements Specific to Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (PNPs):
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Exams, the Passing Standard, and Candidate Passing Rates (2022)
- 2022 National Task Force Standards for Quality Nurse Practitioner Education: Hours Impact Statement (2022)
- Use of the Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Credential Mark (2022)
- PNCB Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP) Impact Statement (Updated 2022)
Donna Hallas, Beth Heuer, Sheri A. Sesay-Tuffour, Lillian Adele Foerster, Pediatric Primary Care Mental Health Specialist Examination: Job Task Analysis, The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 2022, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nurpra.2022.08.024.
Acute Care PNP Certification
Michael Maymi, Maureen Madden, Caroline Bauer, Karin Reuter-Rice, Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner: The 2018 Practice Analysis, Journal of Pediatric Health Care, Volume 36, Issue 2, 2022, Pages e11-e21, ISSN 0891-5245, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pedhc.2021.09.007.
Mark L. Graber, Eric Holmboe, Joan Stanley, Jennifer Danielson, Stephen Schoenbaum, Andrew P.J. Olson, A Call to Action: Next Steps to Advance Diagnosis Education in the Health Professions, Diagnosis, Volume 9, Number 2, 2022, Pages 166-175, https://doi.org/10.1515/dx-2021-0103.
Executive Summaries / Reports:
- Pediatric Nursing Workforce Report 2022: Who Provides Nursing Care for Our Kids? A Demographic Profile of 53,000 PNCB-Certified Nursing Professionals
- IPN Research on Pediatric Nursing Residencies (Institute of Pediatric Nursing)
- The Institute of Pediatric Nursing: A Unified Voice (2011, Institute of Pediatric Nursing)
- Securing the Future of Children's Health (2010, Institute of Pediatric Nursing)