PNCB Statement: PNP Certification Exams, the Passing Standard, and Candidate Passing Rates
In response to faculty inquiries in spring 2022, the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board is sharing a statement on certification exams, the passing standard, and candidate passing rates.
Please read our in-depth statement which covers:
- Which organization accredits PNCB exams
- How exam items and exam forms are developed
- The type of questions written
- Statistics produced for exam forms
- How the cut score (or passing standard) is determined
- Passing rate percentage compared to the passing standard
- Factors that PNCB monitors
- Faculty and student factors
- Sources of candidate support
We’re in This Together
Your graduates make the difference for pediatric health care. We’re in this together to provide children, teens, and young adults access to the highly qualified workforce they need and deserve.
As always, please reach out with any questions to email@example.com.