Volunteer as an Item Writer
Thank you for your interest in PNCB's next workshop, September 26-27, 2019! Share your expertise and make a difference for the profession with this rewarding experience. The 2019 call-for-applications is now closed.
If you are interested in our 2020 opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest.
Selectees are chosen based on geographic and practice diversity and ability to apply basic item writing concepts. Overall expectations include:
- Working at least 20 clinical practice hours per week related to the credential you hold
- Completing the Free CE Item Writing 101 Module
- Completing an online application that includes submitting 2 well-constructed items
- Attending PNCB's 2-day workshop September 26-27, 2019 in Baltimore, MD
- Writing 8 items at the 2019 workshop, and an annual assignment of similar size during your term of service
- Cannot be an author of or contributor to exam preparation or review materials (e.g., books or online modules)
- Can hold faculty positions
- Contact hours awarded annually for each assignment meeting the standard
- Resume enhancement
- Rewarding collaboration
- Expert mentoring
- Writing skills development
- Letter of Recognition to your employer, by request
- Potential to join other PNCB committees (e.g., Exam, Pediatric Updates)
- Making a difference by supporting your profession
Plus PNCB pays your workshop travel, hotel, and meal expenses. If traveling by air or rail, we prepay your ticket so you incur no out of pocket costs. Hotel shuttle service makes it easy to get to and from the airport. Meals offered during workshop hours are included. Car travel and meals outside of workshop hours for the 2 days are reimbursed per PNCB policy.
Follow these steps to apply
If selected, you'll participate in the 2-day workshop in the Baltimore area on September 26-27, 2019, earn CE, and engage with enthusiastic content experts across the U.S. Selected applicants will be notified by June 17, 2019.
Step 1: Learn the basics and earn free CE: Complete our Item Writing 101 Module.
- Already completed this module? Use the tools in Step 2 for an item writing refresher before starting your items.
Step 2: Write 2 complete items using your certification's content outline and reference list below.
- Tip: A complete item includes question stem, 4 options, correct answer, content outline section, and reference citation. You will also have the choice to briefly share your thinking behind each item. See a complete item example.
- Tools: We encourage you to use our infographic and manual to support your writing. Click your credential’s link below to see your content outline (where you will find topic ideas) and reference list (where you must validate correct answers).
We are not currently recruiting for CPNP-AC item writers. If you are a CPNP-AC interested in our 2020 opportunity, please email email@example.com with your interest.
Step 3: The 2019 call-for-applications has closed. If you are interested in our 2020 opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest.
On the fence?
Email email@example.com with any questions so we can help. We look forward to your application!