PNCB Module Policies
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR USE
- PNCB modules are copyrighted and intended for single copy personal use only. Additional use or distribution is prohibited.
- All module content (e.g., questions, answer options, and rationales) is the property of the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB).
- Any journal or book references for modules are protected by publisher/author copyright. PNCB has purchased permissions for each article or chapter from various publishers who own the material. All module components are intended for single copy, personal use only, and are protected by copyright.
- Posting of any PNCB module content to another site is prohibited. Copying or distributing any content without the prior written permission from PNCB is an ethical violation subject to disciplinary measures listed within the Code of Ethics.
- These activities are a useful tool for lifelong learning, but the information presented and/or associated references do not substitute for your clinical judgment as a health care professional. Read the full disclaimer below.
EXCHANGES AND REFUNDS
- PNCB modules cannot be exchanged/swapped for another PNCB product under any circumstance. If you purchase a module title in error, a refund may be requested and only if the module has not been accessed. To receive access to the intended module, the purchase must be made through your PNCB account. Purchases cannot be made over the phone or through email.
- Refund requests for Pediatric Updates, Alternative CE modules or Practice Test modules must occur within 30 days from the date of purchase.
- Requests must be submitted in writing to PNCB at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Requests received 30 days after the order date will not be honored.
- Completion of Pediatric Updates, Alternative and Free CE modules, and Practice Tests must be done within 150 days from the purchase date. Visit your Portal and click on Online Modules for your specific due date(s).
- Additional Recert information for PNCB certificants: Pediatric Updates are not automatically applied to your annual recertification application. If you want to apply a completed module to your recertification application be sure you do so between November 1st and January 31st to avoid a late fee. You will incur a late fee if enrolling during February. Modules completed more than 24 months from the date of Recert application submission will not be accepted for Recert enrollment.
REACTIVATION OF EXPIRED MODULES
|Module Type||Rules & Restrictions|
Practice Tests and Free CE modules
Pediatric Updates and Alt CE modules
- Participants who do not earn a score of 70% or greater on their first attempt of Pediatric Updates, Alternative CE or Free CE modules will receive a second attempt at no cost. Your second attempt automatically opens in the same 150-day window (i.e., your original expiration date remains unchanged). Complete your module with a passing score before the expiration date to earn continuing education credits.
- Exam Practice Tests do not issue retests but do offer unlimited attempts of the same content for the duration of the access period.
- Before attempting a retest, participants are encouraged to download / print / save their customized feedback report for continued learning for Pediatric Updates, Alternative or Free CE, and Practice Tests.
- Pediatric Updates or Alternative CE: If you do not successfully complete a retest of a Pediatric Updates, or Alternative CE module with a score of 70% or above, please contact email@example.com for next steps.
- Free CE: If you do not successfully complete a 2nd attempt (retest) of a Free CE module, additional attempts are not available.
Last updated: October 15, 2019
The information that PNCB makes available in Pediatric Updates or Free CE modules is intended for nursing professionals who provide care for the pediatric population. Nursing professionals use this information to update their knowledge in the context of specialized education, experience, and practice across the United States.
These activities are a useful tool for lifelong learning, but the information presented and/or associated references do not substitute for your clinical judgment as a health care professional. The PNCB follows standard sets of editorial procedures for information disseminated in Pediatric Updates modules. However, we do not guarantee that the information in the Pediatric Updates we provide is the most up-to-date knowledge available or that the treatments discussed are appropriate for any given patient. Each participant must evaluate the information within Pediatric Updates or Free CE modules within the context of his or her own expertise and state board authority to practice. As a health care professional, it is imperative to exercise professional judgment in evaluating any information, and we encourage individual confirmation of the information made available or otherwise obtained through other sources before undertaking any treatment based on such information.
When not specifically approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), off-label use of medications for children and adolescents will be identified in each learning module.
Consumers who review professional-level information should not rely on that information as professional medical advice, or use it to replace any relationship with a physician, nurse practitioner, or other qualified healthcare professional.