Increasing Racial and Ethnic Diversity in the Pediatric Nursing Workforce
Intentional, effective strategies to attract and retain pediatric nurses from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds benefit patients and support health equity. Follow a major children’s hospital’s journey to create, implement, and assess changes to make a difference with PNCB's Increasing Racial and Ethnic Diversity in the Pediatric Nursing Workforce continuing education module.
After completing this module, you’ll be able to:
- Recognize why increasing racial and ethnic diversity in the workforce is a high priority for the pediatric nursing profession.
- Review factors that contribute to racial and ethnic disparities in healthcare.
- Identify U.S. organizations that play a critical role in emphasizing the importance of building a diverse healthcare team.
- Examine historical strategies used as a part of efforts to diversify the nursing workforce.
- Discuss the effectiveness of specific recruitment and retention strategies implemented at a tertiary care pediatric academic medical center over a 3-year period.
This module is available at no cost, and is worth 1 contact hour upon completion.
Order this module
Find all PNCB CE modules here
Certification is not required to learn with PNCB, so please share with colleagues, students, and others with a passion for pediatric nursing care.