PNCB Award and Scholarship Programs
As a pediatric nurse or nurse practitioner, you do amazing things—make sure that you get the recognition you deserve! Nominate yourself, a colleague, or your team for any of our award programs. You can also encourage a nursing student to apply for one of our scholarships. Learn more about each of the programs below.
This award recognizes a Certified Pediatric Nurse who is an outstanding advocate for certification at the local/hospital, regional, or national level.
Deadline: February 2nd. Apply or Nominate a CPN.
PNCB recognizes a CPNP or PMHS who extends the reach of their role beyond regular practice activities with the Kelly Reed Advanced Practice Community Impact Award. This award honors former PNCB board member Kelly Reed, MN, RN, CPNP-PC who passed away in 2013. Kelly demonstrated extraordinary dedication to the community in which she served.
Deadline: February 2nd. Apply or Nominate a CPNP or PMHS.
This award seeks to recognize a pediatric-focused team that is making a difference for DEIB.
- We want to hear how your team has implemented intentional, effective strategies to address barriers for nurses who identify with an ethnic or culturally diverse background, racial diversity, gender diversity, disability, or who are otherwise a member of a historically marginalized community within the pediatric specialty (e.g., LGBTQ+).
- Teams can be interdisciplinary and are not limited to pediatric nursing professionals only. One team member must hold an active PNCB certification.
- All settings are eligible including but not limited to health care systems, hospitals, individual units, outpatient settings, schools, academia, and community-based points of care.
Deadline: February 2nd. Apply here.
This scholarship supports the education of an undergraduate nursing student who:
- Identifies with an ethnic or culturally diverse background, racial diversity, gender diversity, disability, or otherwise a member of a historically marginalized community and
- Is pursuing a degree to become a registered nurse and
- Has a strong interest in pediatric nursing for their future.
Deadline: February 3rd. Apply here.
This scholarship supports the education of a pediatric-focused nurse pursuing a degree as a pediatric nurse practitioner (PNP) who identifies with an ethnically or culturally diverse background, racial diversity, gender diversity, disability or is otherwise a member of a historically marginalized community and/or one that is underrepresented in pediatric nursing.
Deadline: February 10th. Apply here.
Questions? Contact email@example.com for additional information.